Digiderp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey look plot related things

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey look plot related things Empty Hey look plot related things

Post  Azunara Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:49 am

So it comes to my attention we need a plot. do some of the more Digimon gifted among us have ideas? The only thing I thought of had to with one of the generations I remembered, where digimon were turned corrupt or something with these evil gears of death. I think Moon knows what I'm talking about. But no, something about those corrupting people and we need to stop it. I dunno. I legit know nothing. SO. Plot anyone?

Oh oh oh this: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Yggdrasill and http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/X-Antibody could be worth looking into. Slaying a mad god, anyone?
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hey look plot related things Empty Re: Hey look plot related things

Post  Moonlost Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:48 am

I am totally down on the slaying a mad god idea. Perhaps tie the X-antibody into being partnered with a human, rather than being given out to a select few, and have most of the digital world suffering from various degrees of madness. Most are mostly normal, as the virus has only just infected them, but as the group goes on, more and more are going savage and evil, until it's basically them against an entire world.
Add in a few champions of Yggdrasill to serve as the big bads and I would be a happy Moon.
Moonlost
Moonlost

http://moonlostarts.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 am

I very much like the sound of that, Moon. :D

*Coughs* That is all I have to add right now as it is 4 AM. XD BUT YES. That's just my 2 cents.
Senna
Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:14 pm

Moonlost wrote:I am totally down on the slaying a mad god idea. Perhaps tie the X-antibody into being partnered with a human, rather than being given out to a select few, and have most of the digital world suffering from various degrees of madness. Most are mostly normal, as the virus has only just infected them, but as the group goes on, more and more are going savage and evil, until it's basically them against an entire world.
Add in a few champions of Yggdrasill to serve as the big bads and I would be a happy Moon.

That's a lot like a pokéRP idea I had a while back!

But yes, I approve of that. Sounds good to me.

LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 pm

LupisDarkmoon wrote:That's a lot like a pokéRP idea I had a while back!

But yes, I approve of that. Sounds good to me.

It's also a little like a pokeRP Azu had at some point as well, come to think of it. Involved some virus... the Duck Virus I think? I dunno, I don't think it was that fondly remembered. *Fends off attacks*
I suppose one could also draw parallels to FotTC too. Huzzah for reusing themes?
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Definatly a thumbs up from me on the plot.
Alongside them going savage we could also have a few select groups that end up becoming more devious in trying to stop them from getting to the big bad, say..they were promised the antibody in return for keeping the group from progressing.

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Kira wrote:Alongside them going savage we could also have a few select groups that end up becoming more devious in trying to stop them from getting to the big bad, say..they were promised the antibody in return for keeping the group from progressing.

Yes and double yes. That way I can use my Tamer who has a Gazimon and make them properly evil.

LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Moonlost wrote:I am totally down on the slaying a mad god idea. Perhaps tie the X-antibody into being partnered with a human, rather than being given out to a select few, and have most of the digital world suffering from various degrees of madness. Most are mostly normal, as the virus has only just infected them, but as the group goes on, more and more are going savage and evil, until it's basically them against an entire world.

Oh damn they're right this is the most original concept I have ever heard of. I love it.

Legit though, that could be cool. Are we thinking maybe the idea of being partnered with a human ruins or violates the code of a digimon, maybe? So we have those who are Partnered and aren't Viral fighting against stray digimon as well as Virals? I could see it eventually, like you said, bleed into the system itself, so parts of it are warped, data is corrupt (404 Error: Digimon not found), maybe rampant Virals killing things?
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:36 pm

Double posting but I don't caaaare

stalking the wiki again. If people want to do something other than the Yggsdrassil idea, http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Great_Demon_Lords something to do with this could be cool. Tying in with Yggsdrassil, if it's the hypothetical "God", maybe these guys are the root problem? And playing off of ideas similar to old incomplete RPs and things Lupis will recognize, the group has to stop them--or minions of them, or what have--but obviously they're based off the Seven Sins, so they'll all offer ways to try and tempt the motley assembly into quitting. Maybe the idea of corrupt people could be the minions or something, I dunno?
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 am

Eh, I've never really gotten the big taboo about double posting, at least in this context. You're adding new information to consider that would otherwise be missed if it was just edited in, so doublepost justified.

Heh, I was wondering if the Demon Lords would pop into this in some way. I've an idea on how to work that in, but I want to quickly ask/ponder about something else first that was inspired/set up from the other thread.

Given that digimon is a franchise that has multiple different universes and continuities... where exactly are we going to set this? I've been assuming in our own little variation of the franchise, just so that we're not bumping heads with previous continuity and we can mess about with the digital world as much as we want. But then that brings up the issue of just what the "digiderp" universe is like.
Or we can stick to a particular cannon, plopping it in the Tamers-verse for example, but as mentioned above, that brings up the problem of existing continuity. Not only will that be harder for the newer people to the franchise to live with, but it's probably going to restrict us a bit more as to what we can and can't do with it.
I still propose we build up our own 'verse... probably liberally stealing concepts of how things work from other series' as we go along depending on what we like best. Which then brings up the question of: What do we want in our universe? what concepts to people think are cool and want to include here?

Okay, back to the Demon Lords idea. I will freely admit that I am a huge, huge sucker for the Seven Deadly Sins as a theme and I'd be all for having them in this. Azu, you are absolutely brilliant for sparking ideas and I love you for it.
So, allow me to ramble on a bit as I consider and build upon your idea, while throwing in other bits and pieces here and there from what other people have suggested. Rather than a virus, it's more a factor of these Demon Lords corrupting Yggdrasil and, as a result, the source code of the entire digital world, as you said. Parts of the world are shaped to reflect these sins, and digimon/digital world inhabitants are slowly succumbing to one or the other. I guess in a way, the concept is being twisted from one, singular, insanity-causing virus into seven. You might come up against a GreedGreymon, for example, or a PrideMonzaemon.
What saves the protagonist Digimon from this fate is still being tied to a human, as this ties their source code not to Yggdrassil, but to their digivice and their tamer. Like being on a USB stick rather than on a main, corrupted server.
One last cool idea. Perhaps once the group establishes themselves as a threat to the Demon Lords, the create for themselves corrupted digidestined, to use the term from Adventure. Humans connected to digimon who can use the power of their patron sin to allow their partners to digivolve into stronger forms.
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 am

omfg Moon I love how you take my sparks and make them big badass ideas.

Legit, I really, really, really like that entire concept and it's flipping AMAZING. I agree, we should more or less establish our own world. At the very least, an AU of the Tamers canon so that the general laws and rules and whatnot applies, without the whole plot canon semantics that are difficult to deal with.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 am

Hey Moon we have a challenge for you. This'll be loads of fun. So Impmon can digivolve into the form of one of the Demon Lords, Beelzemon. So if Senna doesn't nickname hers, she's worried distinguishing between the two is going to be difficult. (I think I have the quandary right.) Which means we have an issue. I was proposing maybe we can just call the proper Demon Lords by the sin they represent--the tamers aren't stupid and can draw a parallel or something where they see them. So the proper demon Beezlemon is Gluttony, for example. However, we figured you might have a better idea of some sorts we can work with.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 am

Hahaha, I was thinking about this problem myself actually, as I recall Senna mentioning wanting Impmon/Beelzemon for her partner. I had a couple of ideas, although honestly, I think your solution is better. Very simple way to solve this issue, and it makes these digimon seem all the more arrogant and powerful (They're not just digimon themed after the sins, they are the sins, and you shall bow before them!)

But it's never a bad idea to throw around more thoughts, so here's what I managed to think up:
For the purposes of this RP, we can always just change the Lord of Gluttony to another digimon. This has the bonus of making Senna's Beelzemon a little bit more unique as well (although facing super-evil version of yourself is an awesome image too. XD ). Or, if we don't want to deviate too far from that base, we can always make him a different type of Beelzemon, much like how IceDevimon and GeoGreymon are alternate versions of Devimon and Greymon respectively.

Quick question though; do we want to keep with the "If your digimon die then they get turned into an egg" clause?
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:41 am

I'm a bit waffley on this. On one hand, it gives death less impact. On the otherhand, if you decide kill your char and want it back, you can. Maybe we can compromise between the two--the data is back in egg form, but it takes a while for it to rehatch and whatnot?
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:51 am

I sorta like Azu's idea on the Demon Lords using their respective sin as names. Or something. I'm.. Actually oddly clueless on how we should fix this particular issue? Wow good going me. >.<

Also on the "coming back as eggs" thing.. My thought is, they can, but only if their data isn't absorbed by their enemy. 'Course that makes it a little awkward if you don't want to kill off a character for real that's been killed by a villain who WOULD absorb their data. Hm, okay maybe my idea isn't the best after all wow do I suck at this. XD
Senna
Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 am

I like how you take it Moon--the idea that not only do they go by name, but they are the quite literal personification of the Sin and they are quite willing to fuck you up right here, right now, because they are bigger and better and badder than you. It's kind of a nifty idea.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:10 am

:> Glad you like my thoughts on it. I'm all so keen on that idea it's no joke.

With the digiegg thing, yeah, I see your issues. XD How about we do our own thing and say that, if they somehow get killed, their physical form breaks down but there's a "copy" backed up on the digivice which can eventually reform as an egg? But have it so that each time they have to reform, they lose a little of themselves. Some memories perhaps. Or the digivice is exceedingly fragile in this intermediary state and has a chance of breaking.
Ohh, ohohoh, better idea. If they die, then they get a little bit corrupted by a sin, and the more times that happens, the worse off they become.
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 am

Okay loving both those ideas so much wow Moon why are you so good at this. XD

ALSO WHERE DID MY PUNCTUATION SKILLS GO WHAT (Okay I may be slightly hyper. shush.)
Senna
Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 am

Yeah, that could work. Maybe the digivice is far more susceptible to corruption while the thing is in egg form? I do like the idea of a back up, kind of. And if we're playing off of data, back ups can get corrupt. Do you see where I'm leading? Maybe the back up can be influenced, especially by negative emotions that are related to the Sins (IE feeling extremely angry will lead to the back up corrupted by Wrath) so when it hatches, it's already got corruption going on.

So really your idea kind of mashed together.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Wow I was absent for all of this but I think it's all brilliant?

Question, what would the tainted digimon/tamers get for becoming, well, tainted? Take Wrath. A tainted Digimon would no doubt get more violent, but would they be given power by the head Sin, or would they just be violent? It would get harder with things like Sloth and Lust.

LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:45 pm

For Wrath I can imagine something like...another weapon or an upgrade to a weapon they might have. Things like Sloth could supply the tainted ones with something that would cause the enemy to move slower if it hits. Greed could tempt others with something like gold, food, whatever they like the most. Pride could do the opposite of course, make the opponent believe no one cares for them. Envy...well, that one is a bit obvious. Gluttony..is actually a sort of hard one. Uh. You could take it as a glutton for punishment or for overindulgence in anything really. Lust is also a fairly obvious one, and imo could be one of the most amusing, heh.
But that's just my take on it.

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, I suppose it depends on whether you're talking about how the Sins will corrupt "wild" digimon, and how they'll corrupt the partners.

For wild digimon, and as an extension the digital world around them, I'm of the opinion it should be a change to their appearance and disposition. Much like what Kira said, although I'm not a fan of giving them any sort of direct upgrades to their attacks. Maybe a little bit stronger in some areas, but it should be subtle, like those of wrath might be better at attacking, or those possessed by envy might be a little bit swifter. The real danger should be from how their sin controls them and forces them into conflict.

My own ideas on this?

Envy-tainted look upon their peers and see only things that they want in themselves. They are jealous creatures, almost obsessed and paranoid in a way. No matter their own accomplishments, it's never enough, there's always someone who has more. At first, encountering an envy-tainted is lass dangerous than, say, one tainted by Wrath. They might actually be helpful and pleasant enough to start off with. But they are far, far more dangerous over time as that jealousy is fuelled. They might stalk you, watching you from the shadows and feeding their own jealousy, seeking out a way to get what they deserve. The most corrupted are insanely paranoid and obsessed, constantly measuring themselves by others. They will follow a target for weeks in an attempt to get what they want or, if that isn't possible to at least deprive it from their target. Why should you have it if they can't!
Those possessed by envy are thinner and more gangly. They tend to be more twitchy in their movements.
A landscape corrupted by envy likewise seems more looming and imposing, with more hidden areas. Light seems to reveal less, and overall there's this constant feeling that you're being watched.

Gluttony-tainted look to indulge in their appetites to the exclusion of everything else. It's about dedication oneself to sensual pleasures or chasing the next high. Those possessed by it will make any sacrifice to feed their insatiable appetite for pleasure, regardless of the cost to themselves to those around them. It's all about consumption for the singular goal of the enjoyment one gets from it, rather than any other benefit one might gain. The most corrupted will try or do anything to the detriment of themselves and to others. They might consume all of your food, or steal all of your things just for the thrill of getting away with it, discarding the junk once the chase is over.
Those possessed by gluttony tend look more bulky and overweight, but can also show signs of their other indulgences.
A landscape corrupted by gluttony is usually a barren place, all the commodities having been taken by those who reside within it. The few things remaining often create a euphoric sensation if consumed.

Greed-tainted seek to gather material possessions, even if they have no need for them. They see an item that someone else owns and they desire it, and will go to whatever lengths it takes to take it. Thievery, bribery, violence, perhaps even just falling to their knees and begging for it. Once they have a thing, they are loathe to let it go. The most corrupted simply want everything, taking as much as they can without a thought, hoarding it all in one spot and flying into violence should anyone look at their stuff. It's theirs, theirs!
Those possessed by greed look a little more metallic and shiny to reflect their desire for wealth. Perhaps part of them becomes gold-coloured, I can see their eyes flashing gold if they see something they want, for example.
A landscape corrupted by greed likewise appears more metallic. However taking from the land should be a much harder prospect. As an example, berries and fruit are far harder to pluck from trees and plants. Possessions also tend to get dropped or lost more easily in areas corrupted by greed.

Lust-tainted are driven by passion for something that they act upon without consideration for the needs or feelings of others. One often thinks of lust purely as the need for sex, but it also extends to be a craving towards virtually any other experience or activity. A lust-possessed digimon might seek to attention, as an example, and will do anything to become the single-most famous, or notorious, creature in the digital world. Unlike gluttony, which is more about mass consumption to create pleasure, those driven by lust focus on this one pleasure and will do whatever it takes to sate that need. They will use any means at their disposal to indulge their desires, from deception to manipulation to acts of violence. Those most corrupted by lust will go to any extreme in order to further that desire... Although, as a personal preference, I do ask that those playing lust as the desire for sex refrain from anything rape-y. It's just not going to be handled in the right way whatever happens. I really hate to bring it up, but I feel that needs to be addressed.
Those possessed by lust tend to look more physically attractive; less physical imperfections mar their bodies and they don't scar.
A landscape corrupted by lust is likewise picturesque and inviting to a traveller... almost too inviting, obscuring the dangers that lie around with beauty.

Pride-tainted are self-confident and cocky. They believe that everything that they do is inherently right, even when it should be obvious to them that it is anything but. A prideful digimon refuses to back down when his decision or reputation is called into question, even when evidence is clear that they are in the wrong. Their ego does not accept any outcome that suggests fallibility, and they are willing to see others suffer rather than admit they are wrong. Those most corrupted by pride nurture god-complexes, imagining themselves to be the apex of digital life. Everything they do is inherently correct, and others should follow their example.
Those possessed by pride appear much taller and grandiose than their peers. They hold themselves taller, and glare down at those who would challenge them.
A landscape corrupted by pride is just as immovable and dense, seemingly throwing every obstacle it can towards those who dare to venture away from the path they are meant to travel.

Sloth-tainted look to attempt to put the minimum effort needed to get what they need, even if that minimum is destructive to others in some ways. Rather than put in the effort, and risk possible failure, in a difficult situation, they simply refuse to do anything, knowing that someone else will step in to fix the problem sooner or later. Digimon possessed by slot aren't as likely to be a direct danger to the tamers, they're unlikely to get into a fight unless it's necessary. But they do provide an indirect adversary as a result of their actions. They're less willing to help, and anything they are forced to do ends up half-arsed. The most corrupted are wholly unsympathetic creatures, ignoring anything that doesn't involve their own wants and doing the bare minimum at which to survive, leaving things in a broken mess once they move on.
Those possessed by sloth look to be dirtier than their peers, covered in grime and filth. Who has time to wash, anyway?
A landscape corrupted by sloth is likewise a very unclean place, cluttered with rubbish and in near-ruin. Any constructed objects, such as bridges or roads, are likely to be in disrepair and might be dangerous to use.

Wrath-tainted are just generally more prone to violence, quick to anger and quick to throw themselves into a fight. The more tainted they are, the less of a reason they need to fly into a destructive rage. The most tainted become mindless engines of destruction, attacking anything and everything within sight.
Those possessed by Wrath look more muscular. Horns and claws, if they have them, become longer and sharper, and just in general, they look more like weapons than they do creatures.
A landscape corrupted by Wrath are more jagged and fraught with danger. It almost seems like the landscape itself is attempting to fight you in some way; fires more easily spread out of control, plants seem to be covered in thorns or with sharp leaves, things like that.

... Yikes. <_< I may have gotten carried away.

Uh, I do have a few questions though. Some small issues I want to bring up and sort out.:
- How are we going to start this off? Are we going to have our character pop up in the digital world, or will they be starting off in the real world? Do they already have their partners, or will they meet them within the RP? What triggers them wanting to help with this crisis in the first place?
- For that matter, how are we going to deal with the real world? I'm assuming that jumping from world to world is going to be a difficult process, but will there be much interaction between them? Or once we hit the Digital World, will we ignore the real world entirely? Could be interesting to see the Sins start spreading their influence to the Real World once they've all but conquered the Digital one.
- Who ware we going to handle the sins? Do we have people volunteer to play them? How are we going to handle the underlings and towns and whatnot?

I'm sure I had more, but in the process of the above dump I seem to have forgotten them. <_>
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 pm

- How are we going to start this off? Are we going to have our character pop up in the digital world, or will they be starting off in the real world? Do they already have their partners, or will they meet them within the RP? What triggers them wanting to help with this crisis in the first place?

Uhm, while having them start out without their partners could be fun to explore, I feel like that isn't too relevant to the focus. If some people voluntarily want to start without their partner and pick them up along the way, that's their decision. That, and it seems like a long complicated process. As well, Senna told me something about how small groups of tamers occupy the Digiworld--maybe the characters are all camped out there? And they vaguely know each other, but it's more of by mouth of word than anything else. Maybe the town they're in gets attacked by minions of the Sins, or people start missing and they have to investigate.

- For that matter, how are we going to deal with the real world? I'm assuming that jumping from world to world is going to be a difficult process, but will there be much interaction between them? Or once we hit the Digital World, will we ignore the real world entirely? Could be interesting to see the Sins start spreading their influence to the Real World once they've all but conquered the Digital one.

Additionally, I like the idea of it bleeding into the real world--maybe the Sins they fight in the Digital World are avatars or something and they have to beat the real Sins in the real world. So they come back out after a long process to find Hell in a Handbasket. That may get real complicated though.

- Who ware we going to handle the sins? Do we have people volunteer to play them? How are we going to handle the underlings and towns and whatnot?

Uh, I feel like people who want to handle a Sin in particular is allowed to, and if you want to volunteer, feel free. Otherwise, we could just have someone pick up the Sin when we come across it. I could see some people playing underlings if they so desire, and they're welcome to. But if not, we can just make up some NPCS.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Moon's idea is much better than mine, more thought out XP

The idea of it going to the real world is a good one, and I don't think it would get too confusing Azu. Having them as avatars in the Digiworld and when one of them is beaten it allows their data to be altered so that they get to the human world, sort of a rebirth type of thing. If that makes any sense. Of course they wouldn't know this and would think that when they were beaten that it ended up destroying them instead of sending them somewhere else. I dunno, my ideas aren't the best right now.

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 am

Kira wrote:I dunno, my ideas aren't the best right now.
Your ideas are fine! Everyone's ideas are fine, I love seeing ideas and opinions!

I just have a habit of thinking about things far too much and coming up with pages of far too much info.

Hmm, having the sins be avatars? Could be interesting, although I think it needs to be expanded upon a little, just for clarification. What exactly do you mean by "avatars" in this case? Are these demons just programs made by some bored and stupid people in the real world, then the go and take control of their creators once they get beaten? Or something else?
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum