Digiderp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey look plot related things

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey look plot related things - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey look plot related things

Post  Kira Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 am

We could go with that idea, it's not that bad really.
I thought of another idea. The Digiworld is, essentially, linked to the internet in a way yes? What if Yggdrasill was able to access some of the data, at random of course, and over the course of saaay...a few years he chose a few humans that portrayed the sins to the best of what he thought they could. So that when the avatar's are defeated they transfer to those specific humans, who act the same as they would have normally and are able to alter the real world without too much attention being drawn to them.

Orrrr we could ignore what I say and go with what Azu said.

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 am

I dunno, I actually kind of like Kira's idea. Maybe it was programmed as a safety mechanism--if the digiworld went corrupt, it was transfer to these humans (Bastardizing the term, one could even say Digidestined). However, the Sins corrupted the data like they do, and instead of dying in the Digiworld, their data is transferred to these humans. And then once they have the human bodies, they can sit there and cause a lot of chaotic shit and exert their influence on the world.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am

Oh no, I didn't mean to sound dismissive of the idea, the parts I do get I like a lot. I just... didn't quite understand it. <_< I still don't in a way. What do you mean by "avatars" in this context? Are they, like, characters that these people created that eventually grew self-awareness? How are they controlled by these humans, what is the nature of their relationship before they go and take over their humans as hosts?
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick here. :<

Also, what else do we need to figure out before we get some sort of sign-in happening?
Moonlost
Moonlost

http://moonlostarts.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Essentially, what I'm thinking, is that these "avatars" are human embodiments of the Sins. Originally designed by Yggsdrassil to be a backup external hard drive, so to speak (look at me diving into techy terms), these human "avatars" weren't initially avatars at all, just humans who had the entire knowledge and power to create and stabilize the Digiworld, should Yggsdrassil fail. Powerless in their own right, the humans would have little to no knowledge of the potential they have. Maybe they were even artificial programs Yggsdrassil placed in the real world? Whatever the case, these people are about. Seven of them, of course.

Unfortunately, like any piece of technology, they ended up being corrupted by the Sins. They wouldn't know it, and it would remain dormant and out of touch. There'd be no actual knowledge on either parties that the data had been corrupted. But when the Sins die, instead of becoming data or disappearing, their data is transferred into these "corrupt external hard drives", so to speak. They'd promptly possess and override their new hosts, and hijack the body and mind for there own purposes--namely to tear down the Digiworld, and now real world, and remake it in their image.

So to break it down more thoroughly:

What do you mean by "avatars" in this context?

Avatars is the best word I can think of, although they're more like hosts than anything else. Like I said, they were originally chock full of the power and knowledge to remake and control the Digiworld, should Yggsdrassil have issues. Kind of like the DigiDestined, except not really at all. Or something. However, the "data" so to speak gets slowly corrupted, much like everything else, by the Sins. In the real world, these hosts wouldn't really show any changes, maybe becoming more greedy, prideful, or wrathful, etc, but otherwise neither sins nor Yggsdrassil nor hosts are aware of this. However, when the Sins die, the data is transferred to the hosts and they completely take over.

Are they, like, characters that these people created that eventually grew self-awareness?

Uhm. Not really. Like I said, Avatars isn't the proper word so much as hosts are. They're completely unwilling, innocent, and rather unfortunate victims.

How are they controlled by these humans, what is the nature of their relationship before they go and take over their humans as hosts?

The humans in this case are unaware of what's to come, or the power they possess. Like I said, they may perhaps show more traits of the Sins once the data goes a bit peculiar, but otherwise nothing too peculiar. Beyond that, there's no mutual or control between the two parties, other than the Sins completely and utterly control their host. That said, perhaps the hosts can be mildly aware of what's happening--it can become a plot point later--the hosts rebelling.

Also, what else do we need to figure out before we get some sort of sign-in happening?

Senna wants to wait till the weekend, but I'd much prefer to get on that tonight or tomorrow, because I know at the very least Lupis and I go back to school Monday, and both of us have varying degrees of work to do. So the sooner we can get things up and get them done before school, the better in my mind. Besides, I'd rather get it up while we still have interest, and keep the momentum going.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 pm

OH! I see my confusion here. When you were talking about the Sin's avatars, I was under the impression that the Sins themselves were the avatars created by humans, not that the humans were extensions of the digiworld-sorta. My bad there. *donks head*
In that case, that makes a lot more sense and I like it a lot. *thumbs up*

I'd like to see sign-ins happening sooner myself. Not necessarily getting the RP itself started, but at least having characters up. I'd live to see what other people are planning, make sure my own ideas will work with what you lot have planned.
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Azu, you are so much better at explaining than I am. My words don't come out right, heh.

I'd like to see the sign up go up soon, though maybe not actually start it until about a day or so? Ish?
As for what else we need...we seem to be lacking a name for the rp, unless you all came up with one.

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh, I was thinking something derpy or simple. Either just Sin or Corruption or whatnot since I can't think of anything fitting the X of the Y theme we have. Maybe Sin of the Fallen or Corruption of the Gods or Strike of the Sins or some derpy thing like that.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonlost Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Nothing wrong with straying away from tradition I say.
Digimon: Digital Sin
Digimon Sinners
The Digiderp RP (Laziness ftw)
Moonlost
Moonlost

Back to top Go down

Post  Azunara Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:30 am

Digital Sin of its own right doesn't sound half-bad, actually.
Azunara
Azunara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LupisDarkmoon Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 am

Wow I live. I haven't participated. But it all sounds great. *thumbs up*

And I agree with the sign up being put up sooner rather than later, I want to start getting my ideas down on... computer screen.

LupisDarkmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:39 am

Digital Sin gets a thumbs up from me :3

Kira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2